The Carthage Foundation confines most of its grant awards to programs that will address public policy questions concerned with national and international issues. There are no geographical restrictions. The Foundation does not make grants to individuals. Proposals for the following are usually declined: event sponsorships, endowments, capital campaigns, renovations, or government agencies (Scaife Fundations).
In 2004, some of the organizations funded by the Carthage Foundation (Scaife Foundations):
- 460,000 The Maldon Institute
- 375,000 Judicial Watch, Inc.
- 350,000 Intercollegiate Studies Institute, Inc.
- 300,000 American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research
- 200,000 Free Congress Research and Education Foundation, Inc.
- 250,000 Federation for American Immigration Reform
- 250,000 Landmark Legal Foundation
- 175,000 Pacific Legal Foundation
- 150,000 Institute for Research on the Economics of Taxation
- 150,000 Center for Indivudual Rights
- 125,000 American Foreign Policy Council
- Scaife Foundations > The Carthage Foundation. Scaife Foundations.
Scaife Foundations. 12 Nov. 2005 <http://www.scaife.com/carthage.html>.